Saturday, August 14, 2004

tv time

The Olympics have finally started. After four long years I will be able to watch the only sporting event of any interest to me....table tennis. Something about those Asians ripping tiny balls into a frenzy of speed and movement, using the laws of physics against their opponents. Its enough to make me want to jump out of my Laz-E-boy and actually do....something. Now other people, they watch gymnastics and track and field or diving and the like...but not me, I tune in at 3am when table tennis and badminton are on (usually on a foreign channel like the BBC or Telemundo or the International Channel...because they won't show it on NBC). Its been a long time coming, but its finally here.
They are playing Bend it Like Beckham on HBO. This is probably one of my favorite movies because its cute and British and the coach is hot (although after watching it like twelve times in the last week, I noticed that he seems to be missing a tooth in the right back) and has great eyebrow expressions (but not nearly as fun as Bert & Ernie). You would think I would get tired of it after watching it twice a day (once on regular HBO and then when it reruns on HBOwest) but no...I really love this movie. I am going to pack it all up and move to the UK one day, I'd be there next year if it weren't for their draconian pet import laws.

No comments: