Saturday, February 25, 2006

first timer

How long have I been in Seattle? Five months now? Not too long a period of time I suppose, so it maybe it's not altogether that strange that up until yesterday I had managed to NOT take any form of public transportation. A friend of mine invited me to a talk by an awesome woman speaking at the University last night. She was a total radical feminist union-organizing Harvard professor. Listening to her made me really miss being in school, really miss my gender studies classes. But to get to see her, we decided it was probably best if I took the bus. Apparently, the homeless and/or some manner of substance of abuse addict community in Seattle love to ride the buses. And they bring their own brand of funky along for the ride. I sat next to some guy, who reeked of stale cigarettes, alcoholism, and a lack of deodorant. He literally made me a gag a few times. But otherwise it wasn't bad.

No comments: