Saturday, February 11, 2006

sweet lovers love the spring

I have a habit of getting way too optimistic way too quickly. That being said, I should know better than to start shouting from my rooftop, "SPRING IS HERE!" But it's hard not to think that way when the weather has been absolutely divine for the last week. Blue skies, moderate temperatures, people coming out of hibernation and walking the streets, homeless people hanging out in the parks instead of the shelters. I had a glorious day yesterday enjoying the sunshine and Iniki lucked out because of it. We went for the longest walk, from park to park, I kept running into people I sort of know. Including a group of hula-hoopers, where I tried my hands (hips?) at hooping only to realize I have limited coordination skills. Iniki got tons of attention and I took him off his leash, so he was excited. Then Erin and I went down to Pike's Place and walked around the downtown area, where I somehow managed to get into a walk-by shouting match with a pseudo-vagrant with some sort of political/angry agenda. Just a good, good day...though honestly my knees and hips are killing me today. Seattle is hilly!!! I took some pictures and posted them in my flickr account, so take a look if you need to kill a few minutes.

No comments: