Wednesday, February 15, 2006

friendster

Making new friends is always a strange phenomenon. You meet somebody you feel some kind of bond with, you get to know them and then work on developing that bond, and then before you know it...you're friends, maybe even good friends. That's how it should be at any rate. But being typically stubborn and assbackwards, I go about it the alternative/wrong way. I meet a person, declare my undying fidelity and friendship, then I get to know them after the fact. So it ends up that I'm always surprised by people and I think they are often surprised by me. Like today, I found out a good friend of mine is very good friends with somebody who wrote a book that later became a movie. And had spent time with some semi-famous people, he was a part of a very large party scene. I never would have suspected, I know him as my gym friend who eats healthy and invests in stocks and responsibly rides his bike to work to save the environment one commute at a time. It was just plain funny to hear his stories and think that I knew so little about him, even though I am the holder of his spare keys.

No comments: