Saturday, January 08, 2005

aging

Do you remember how, when you were younger, all you could think was "I am never going to turn into those old people." Well lately I've come to the stunning realization that I am getting way too old. First it was television, who can watch all of those stupid reality shows? Then it was music, I can't recognize two-thirds of Top 40. Now liquor has turned its back on me. I remember when a bottle of cheap wine coupled with a few swigs from a forty was just a precursor to a night of heavy drinking, dancing on speakers, and vomitting in alleyways. Now three measley drinks is all it takes for me to have to choose between telling strangers I love them and telling them to meet me outside for a colon examination courtesy of my black leather doc marten, mary jane encased foot. All the while Katie, the young doe, is drinking just as much as me and even has to finish my beer in addition to her own. Oh well I guess if you had to put a positive spin on getting older...it's a lot cheaper to get drunk.

No comments: