Monday, January 24, 2005

silver mining

You know, I am a person of little sympathy and that includes towards myself. I'm tired of being depressed and sad, I don't see the point of it. And if I'm half as annoying as I find other depressed people, well then more the reason to try and snap out of it (ahhhh, if only it were that simple, but denial ain't just a river in Egypt). So, I'm going to try and find the proverbial silver lining in being alone and living alone:
1. You never have to close the bathroom door
2. Nobody ever complains about your conspicous overuse of toilet-paper
3. You don't have to brush your teeth within five minutes of waking up because the dog's morning breath...even worse than yours.
4. Nobody else eats the last scoop of Ben & Jerry's chubby hubby ice cream.
5. You can make up stupid rules like no fish stick eating while washing whites on Tuesday and the rules don't get broken
6. You can walk around the house completely naked, even on an ugly/fat day
7. Shaving your armpits and legs...only for special occassions
8. Sole proprietership of the remote control
9. You can play the soundtrack of Miss Saigon at dangerously high decibel levels and nobody complains
10. Nobody steals the covers on the coldest night of the year
11. In re #10, dutch ovens only exist in the kitchen

No comments: