Wednesday, January 26, 2005

season of discontent

I HATE winter. Specifically I hate dry winters. I had a bloody nose this morning, in BOTH nostrils...at the SAME time. So I'm walking around with tissue shoved up both sides of my nose, very much not fun, though if it were somebody else it would be pretty funny. Also, I haven't quite figured out the whole science of how my hair manages to be dry, static-y, and full of winter snowflakes and yet still manage to look greasy and unwashed all at the same time. It is mystifying. Besides that I got my electricity bill and those corporate fascists at LG&E raised their rates like they do EVERY winter (this time by something like thirty-forty percent), I guess they didn't want to leave all the energy corruption to California, why let those hippies out west have all the fun right? Anyway, I can't believe how much it is and the thing is my house is COLD, the kind of bone-chilling cold you usually only experience in hospitals and museums. God I hate winter...every year during this time I constantly ask myself...what was it that I didn't like about living in Hawaii?
Now I must study for a Chinese quiz, hopefully I won't mess it up like the one I took yesterday.

No comments: