Monday, January 31, 2005

worth it?

I'm back from the exciting Volunteer State, woohooo Tennessee. The vet visit went exactly as I expected...fifteen quick minutes of "Oh, he looks fine...keep up with the medications and remember, you can never use too much eye gel." So let's break that fifteen minutes down shall we:
o The visit itself cost $60.00...so that becomes $4.00 per minute of the vet's time.
o The whole trip took 7.5 hours...so for every minute the vet spent with Iniki, I lost 30 minutes of my ever diminishing young life.
o I had to fill up my gas tank twice...so $20.00 a pop and god knows how many pollutants, well I don't know how to break it down but it still seems like the doc is coming out on top.
o I had to drug-up my dog...and considering I don't know exactly how much to give him, it's a pretty damn good chance that my dog is overdosing from too much benedryl...so the cost of another vet visit for the toxic drug reaction plus the pulmonary problems I've created by funneling drugs into his mouth...god only knows.
But there is a bright side to this situation. I got to go to Jack in the Box, they don't have Jack here in Kentucky. I had some yummy yummy curly fries and my fave...Jack in the Box egg rolls. YAY! I don't know what they put in those rolls to make them so delicious, probably something really evil like ground up bones of bengali tigers and the flesh from baby seals. But man, they were good. It doesn't even matter that I burned the roof of my mouth and tomorrow it will be a bunch of tender, blistered mouth meat. It was worth it.

No comments: