Monday, March 07, 2005

and then

o I'm so tired. So tired that I can't sleep because my body is drowning in adrenaline and unhealthy amounts of caffeine. I read once that sleep deprivation gives a better high than any drug. I wonder how long you need to go without sleep for that to happen, before the hallucinations and paranoia start?
o I love the smell of the air when it's pregnant with rain, that slightly metallic smell that reminds me of the sensation you get when you put a 9V battery on your tongue. Maybe I don't love that smell so much as a I miss that smell, that's what home smells like.
o I had more fun this weekend than I have had in a long long time. I actually remembered what it was like to have a real life, not the semi-agoraphobic life I've had for the past few years. But I went to a place with the most revolting bathrooms I have ever seen in my entire life...well maybe not as disgusting as the outhouses in basic training...but pretty damn close.
o In one week I'll be in New Orleans with Katie, taking vampire tours and snapping pictures of the front of Anne Rice's house, eating beignets and drinking cafe au lait al fresco, sitting in intricately wrought iron chairs, going out to bars and hearing rumors that Lindsay Lohan might be making an appearance that night, looking for a real voodoo shop and having a psychic reading that will hopefully involve a chicken's foot and dust from the ground bones of somebody's great-grandmother who had the gift and passed it on to the person in front of me, maybe actually believing when they tell me something specifically vague like "your money will be tight for the next year but then it'll get better, and love is waiting for you but you're not ready to accept it." It's gonna be great. I'll take a ton of touristy pictures with no artistic value whatsoever for people to enjoy or criticize.

No comments: