Saturday, March 12, 2005

do or die

I just woke up, not less than twenty or so minutes ago. I didn't go to work which was probably a very bad thing since we had our big-time inspection today. I also didn't go to school. I'm sure most of you are cursing my slothful ways but dammit I'm sick. At least I think I am, why else would my body be shutting itself down and going into hibernation mode, spring is here after all. Ahhhh, but therein lies the problem...spring means allergies and being as how we live in the armpit of the Ohio valley, where allergens are more plentiful than bad drivers...well my allergies have made me sick. My head feels like somebody snuck in at night and inserted two lead weights right in my sinuses. My ears itch like crazy, an itch no amount of Q-tips shoved dangerously into my ear canal can fix. Post-nasal drip is making my throat hurt, in fact I believe that my throat is plotting my demise... probably a scheme hatched up with my liver, who's still mighty angry with me because of my overindulgence in the drink. See late at night while I'm sleeping, my sinuses (who are also in on the act) start producing gobs of snot that goes down my throat and pools right by my airway. So I wake up coughing and sputtering, choking on my body's reaction to the hopefullness of spring. Down with spring, fall forever.

No comments: