Monday, March 21, 2005

five-oh

I haven't had that many run-ins with the police. I've never been arrested, I've never really even gotten in any trouble with the law other than traffic violations. So considering that I give the impression of being a law-abiding, respectable citizen...why do cops always have to act like total dicks when I am in a situation that requires the presence of a police officer? Is it because I don't do the whole damsel-in-distress, where-are-my-smelling-salts thing? Is it because I ask questions rather than just stand there and be appreciative because they've graced me with their time? My mom would say it's because I'm lippy, actually she would say "noh...doh...doh...mah-dee man-oh." But that shouldn't matter should it, because the police are there to do a job and helping me is part of their job...even if they don't particularly like me or what I stand for. How can you have faith in a person to help you when they've actively avoided helping you in the few instances that you've needed it? How can you put your faith in a person who lacks any visible signs of compassion and obviously missed the day they taught tact? Somebody who is more concerned with projecting an image of the tough-guy ball-buster than trying to find out negligible things like oh say truth and facts? Am I just having run-ins with the wrong officers?

No comments: